After the huge success of the UN46D7000 (see below) Samsung now, for the very first time, launched a 60-inch LED TV, the UN60D7000 (model number UN60D700VF) which is available at many major sites since the end of June. Like all models from the new D7000 and D8000 series, it comes in an all-picture ultra-slim bezel, the Samsung “One Design”. At 60-inches, it looks even more impressive than the smaller versions.
The specifications, apart from the bigger screen, are identical with the smaller models. Unfortunately, even this huge entertainment monster doesn’t come with 3D glasses. For the best home cinema experience in 3D, you’ll still have to buy at least one pair of the rather expensive active shutter glasses. Don’t get me wrong, the image quality of the Samsung UN60D7000 is probably the best you have ever seen on a LED screen, but we’d all appreciate some free glasses many other manufacturers already bundle with their HDTVs.
The yearly average energy usage tag from the FTC shows a low $21, way below the range of about $30-$60 for comparable 60-inch HDTVs. So, the slogan “go green and save some green” is true for sure.
- Screen size: 49.6″ LED panel
- Slim Design of 0.2-inch depth
- Full 3D-HD 1920 x 1080p resolution
- Widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- Auto Motion Plus and Clear Motion Rate technology display with 240Hz refresh rate
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus picture improvement technology
- Smart TV with Samsung Apps
- ConnectShare Movie via USB
- AllShare DLNA Networking via built in Wi-Fi
- 2x 15 Watts speakers with SRS TheaterSound and Dolby Digital Plus support
- Best video inputs: 4 HDMI 1.4 and 3 USB 2.0
- Other inputs: 2x Composite Video (1 shared), Component Video, PC, PC Audio, Component Audio
- Digital Audio Output
- Samsung’s 2011 LED TVs use up to 50 percent less power than conventional LCD TVs.
- Table stand included and wall mount compatible